1. Where were you born? Alamogordo, New Mexico
2. What do you like to do in your free time? Workout, play with my dog Tirzah, wine and dine! I also enjoy being outside when the weather allows.
3. What is your favorite bodybar workout? Cardio Bar(re)! And Cardio Bursts.
4. What is your favorite holiday? Thanksgiving. I love the food and family time is always a blessing.
5. What can’t you live without? My SunWarrior Protein. Seriously. I would wither away!
6. What is your biggest pet peeve? Mouth noises. Chewing, snoring, gum smacking haha
7. What is the best place you’ve visited? Most recently I’d have to say Napa Valley. I also love Santa Barbara. Anywhere with sun and a beach with mountains nearby.
8. What is your biggest inspiration? Nothing succeeds like success! My biggest inspiration is building a successful life for myself Inspiring and empowering others to live fit mind and body.
Anyone seen the Harvard Sailing Teams YouTube? Well it’s a true statement, “our diet starts tomorrow”! Tomorrow is the first day of the 6 week bikini bootcamp by bodybar. Also, since I had my nutrition consultation, day 1 of the 10 day cleanse starts tomorrow. I am thinking of it as more of a clean eating binge because when I think of cleanses now all I think of is smooth move tea. I went to Whole Foods today & stocked up on all things clean & healthy; mostly protein and veggies. I had my measurements taken on Friday, and will do 3 week and 6 week measurements too so I can share the amazing changes I am seeing.
Each week, for the next 6 weeks, I want you to join me to hear about how the bikini bootcamp & clean eating is going. I’m going to give you the good, the bad & the ugly; I’ll share healthy recipes, fitness tips & what I have found helps me push through. So make sure and check back every Sunday and please join me at bodybar for the upbeat, sweaty, heart pumping bootcamp classes!
You won’t want to miss out on our hottest new workout, bikini body bootcamp. This high intensity workout and program doesn’t use any of our Pilates equipment. It’s you, hand weights, ankle bands, and a grey box. We designed this specific class around proven scientific principles of strength training and cardio intervals to build a leaner, firmer, longer, sexier you!
• Classes begin Monday, April 29th at Travis & Plano only
• Check mindbody for specific times
• There is no additional charge for the classes
• Bring tennis shoes, towel, and water bottle!
THE WHOLE PACKAGE:
• Private Consultations with Master Trainer Dena Magazzine available for $250
• Consultations include: 45 minute initial consult with “before” measurements, DETAILED bikini diet plan to flush unwanted pounds away, at home exercises, 30 minute post consult with “after” measurements, and ongoing support throughout
• Consultations begin Monday, April 22nd
• Preferred Reservations for bootcamp classes!
To Sign up for your bikini body bootcamp Package, call bodybar Studios today!
Chardaé Davis grew up in sunny South Florida and has called Dallas home since 2010. She grew up as the only dancer in a family of soccer players. After moving to Texas, the Northwestern University grad started taking Pilates to help strengthen her core, and she was hooked! Chardaé is passionate about fitness and the connection between wellness and diet. She hopes to attend graduate school to study Clinical Nutrition and become a Registered Dietitian. When Chardaé isn’t on the mic teaching and motivating others to build a better booty, she’s working out, cooking or at the dog park with her Cockapoo, Java.
1. Where were you born? I was born in The Bronx, New York. But after living in Florida for 19 years, I’m a beach girl at heart.
2. What do you like to do in your free time? I love to cook. I’ve never met another person who gets as excited about cookware as I do. My signature dish is Dan Dan noodles. I have an obsession with peanut sauce and making salad dressings from scratch. My next challenge is to learn how to cook Jamaican food. My family is from Jamaica, and sometimes I miss my mom’s home cooking!
3. What is your favorite bodybar workout? I love the variety of workouts offered, but I would have to say that I love combination classes like Barre/Chair and Reformer/Chair. It’s a little bit of everything rolled into one.
4. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas is my favorite holiday. It also happens to be my birthday.
5. What can’t you live without? A large supply of conditioner, hair pins and headbands. Have you seen my hair?
6. What is your biggest pet peeve? People with bad table manners drive me crazy.
7. What is the best place you’ve visited? One summer my mom and I spent some time in Naples on Florida’s Gulf Coast. I just love spending time at the beach. It’s the most relaxing place I know of other than a spa. I haven’t traveled out of the country very much. Some of the countries I will one day visit include Greece, Spain and South Africa.
8. What is your biggest inspiration? I’m inspired by people who turn their dreams into a reality and don’t let discouragement get in their way. Be fierce!
Kristen’s passion for sports and fitness began as a kid with the influence of her athletic father. Much of her attention went to playing volleyball in school. She was a setter and defensive specialist in high school and all four years of college at Division III school, Alma College where she earned her degree in Exercise and Health Science.
She received her personal training certification through the American Council on Exercise in 1995, and has maintained a steady clientele since then. However, the focus for her own workouts switched to yoga and group classes while managing the Dallas lululemon stores for 3 years. The energy and accountability of working out with others really revived her motivation to stay fit. Still an avid yogi, Kristen got addicted to bodybar in 2012. The stars aligned in early 2013 to go through bodybar training and began teaching immediately.
Kristen has been married to Matt for 12 years. They have started and run several small businesses and wrote a book over the last 15 years together which keeps her busy when she is not teaching or taking class at bodybar, walking at White Rock Lake or doing sun salutations. They currently own and operate 4 Flashes Photo Booths.
1. Where were you born? I was born outside of Chicago, IL. While I was raised as a Midwestern girl, I am now proud to be a Texan!
2. What do you like to do in your free time? When I am not running my 4 Flashes Photo Booth Rental Business or teaching at bodybar, I love traveling with my husband, Matt, enjoying a nice day on a Greenville Ave. patio, or sitting poolside and reading.
3. What is your favorite bodybar workout? I love the variety that bodybar offers, but I’d have to say Reformer JUMP! Is my favorite class. I just love getting my heart rate up high and getting a good sweat on!
4. What is your favorite holiday? Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday strictly for the meal.
5. What can’t you live without? My husband is my favorite person in the world, so I couldn’t live without him and the home we have created in Dallas near White Rock Lake. I also have to say movement. I crave a good workout in many varieties daily from bodybar to yoga to a good walk outside.
6. What is your biggest pet peeve? Lack of integrity would be my biggest pet peeve. I expect people to do what they say they are going to do.
7. What is the best place you’ve visited? Although I am a beach girl at heart, every city I have visited in Europe has been remarkable…Amsterdam, Stockholm, Paris, London and Monte Carlo. They are SOOO different from Dallas and I just love experiencing the different cultures.
8. What is your biggest inspiration? I am most inspired by people who are living their best life, are happy, and make the most out of every situation and experience. This obviously looks different for everybody, but I get inspired when I see someone choosing to live their life by what they are most passionate about.
I decided to celebrate Valentine’s Day by working out at bodybar! I took the reformer class with Kristen Hawkinson and it was great! I was a little nervous taking the class because 1)it’s been a while since I’ve been in class and 2) never taken from Kristen. Those fears were pushed aside and forgotten immediately once I got to class. Kristen was so friendly and explained everything just in case if I had forgotten a few techniques. It was such a fun and friendly atmosphere! Now I can have my candy and not feel that guilty about it since I got a fierce workout in!
Melissa Justice is our newest instructor and discovered her inner athlete a few years ago after a decade long cross country swing from east coast to west landing back in her native Lone Star State. After attending University of North Texas, she began her career with a Dallas-based start-up company selling to doctors and hospitals in the healthcare industry.
Melissa, being the ultimate free spirit, reveled in the autonomy and energetic pursuit sales offered which lead her to chasing down big deals for the next 13 years. She spent the last eight years in the technology services industry helping government entities manage emergencies and recover after experiencing large-scale disaster scenarios such as, Hurricane Katrina.
Melissa found her passion for fitness in the “saddle” biking along the Charles River in Boston and through the majestic countryside in New England. Once she revealed the health benefits a toned temple can lend to the spirit, she was hooked.
After giving birth to twins, Melissa was driven to get back in shape through high-intensity cardio workouts and water rowing all the while running interference with two overly active little ladies. Melissa’s avid love for strength training was furthered upon discovery of the Pilates method when a friend introduced her to the reformer to unlock her killer “powerhouse” or core. She was amazed by how much centering, precision and control is required with the deep internal movements. Not only did Pilates help Melissa become stronger, but it elongated her from limb-to-limb and forced her to focus on her breathing guiding the way to a calmer mind.
Melissa continues to stretch herself through extensive training with other Star Athletes and working out alongside all the bodybar™ enthusiasts. She believes it is a true gift to help others who aspire to find their inner athlete and transform their overall well being.
1. Where were you born? I am Texas girl at heart and was born in Fort Worth. While I have spent many years living from east to west coast, I always feel at home when I step onto Lone Star soil.
2. What do you like to do in your free time? Between children, a demanding day job and my time here with Dallas’ finest “Star Athletes” in-training, I find few hours that I can call my own…much less free. When I do uncover that window of opportunity, I enjoy spending time with my family, laughing, cooking, taking in an independent film or two and exercising. Experiencing a new method to get the heart revved and racing with a good sweat is ideal!
3. What is your favorite bodybar workout? I am a full on believer when it comes to the incredible benefits and proven results of the BodyBar method. After a few years of training under Kristin as a student, I began to see my own body transform and became hooked! I am a huge fan of the Reformer Jump and how intense the workout is from the extreme head rush all the way to my burning legs. When you spring off that board, your whole body ignites and your muscles immediately fire up. My favorite class to teach is Cardio Barre. When I see the trembling bodies and grittiness it takes to get through some of the routines, I know that I am doing my job and the ladies are sculpting some toned limbs!
4. What is your favorite holiday? Thanksgiving is my favorite time of the year to sit around with friends and family simply reveling in good company and tasty fare. We lose so much of the meaning behind holidays that I am particularly drawn to the chance to share in gratitude with one another.
5. What can’t you live without? Of course, I have a laundry list of things that are next to impossible for me to part with at first blush. The most cherished of all is my loving family…and music of all genres. If I could have one more, it would be a killer blowout and vibrant hair color. It’s a must for me!
6. What is your biggest pet peeve? Goodness…well, if I must pick one it would be poorly seasoned or overly-prepared food when dining out. I am a stickler when it comes to the execution and flavor, but I am sure that comes from many years of having a “Top Chef” handy.
7. What is the best place you’ve visited? I have so many places on my adventure list to take in and I am always interested hearing of others travels. My whole crew went to Kauai a few summers back and it was amazing! The lush greenery and remoteness of the island was intoxicating. It strikes the perfect backdrop creating beauty, harmony and is utterly energizing the same.
8. What is your biggest inspiration? I am always most affected by people who are authentic, service-minded and give of themselves to touch or inspire others.
I took Robin’s class today. It was the only class available at the Travis location. Everything fills up so quickly. I can’t just walk in and get a spot for a class. You have to sign up. Anyway, the class was awesome. My inner thighs were burning just minutes into the workout. It was fun working out with the owner, Laurie Gatlin, and Robin’s husband! We had a great class! I can’t wait to take another class with her. I then took a lemonade cleanse from the real raw juice bar. So good!
I took the Reformer class with Robin. My sister is still working on her 2 week unlimited membership. We love these bodybar workouts with all the different instructors. It is never boring and every workout is always fresh from the music to the actual workout. Robin brought the energy and intensity to class, and everyone just loved it. It was a tough workout, especially after over indulging this holiday season. I’m glad to get back to my routine at bodybar!
I took some time away to now be back and focused and what better day to start than the day after Christmas! I convinced my sister to come work out with me (I got her the 2 week unlimited) and we took Power Tower with Dena. My inner thighs were screaming within the first five minutes, and I totally loved it. Dena just came with such energy for all of regulars but took time out to explain it to my sister who had never taken the class before. We are signed up for several more classes over her Christmas break- I can hardly wait to get back to it! Love bodybar with Dena!